1. Entry: Please nominate you or someone you know who is in need for hearing aids but cannot afford them. Write a nomination letter of 250 words or more and submit it Northland Audiology & Hearing Services, Inc. You may submit the nomination letter by electronic submission on NorthlandAudiology.com, KINYRadio.com, Taku105.com, MixFMAlaska.com, and KXJRadio.com, by email at email@example.com, or via postal mail or delivery to Northland Audiology & Hearing Services at 8800 Glacier Highway, Suite 116, Juneau, Alaska 99081. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. AKST on October 30, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on December 4, 2019. No automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The eligibility rules, terms and conditions below apply to this program.
2. Eligibility Rules: Hear the Holidays program is only open to residents of Juneau who are ages 18 and up. Nominees must have hearing loss that can be aided by the use of hearing aids. Eligible hearing loss will be determined by audiologic testing performed by one of Northland Audiology & Hearing Services’ audiologists. The winner must be able to come to Northland Audiology & Hearing Services for three appointments; semi-finalists need a hear screening to verify hearing loss, finalists will have an appointment for a full diagnostic hearing evaluation and the winner will have an appointment for the hearing aid fitting. The program is the intention to assist a nominee with hearing loss who could benefit from hearing aids but cannot afford them. Semi-finalists will be required to disclose any insurance coverage. Insurance coverage will not disqualify candidates unless the coverage would pay in full for the appropriate hearing aids for the hearing loss (Medicaid and Veteran’s Health Administration). Applicant cannot have functional hearing aids that are appropriate for their hearing loss that have been fit within the last five years.
3. Drawing: Hear the Holidays program winner will be selected by a panel of independent judges after eligibility is verified. After the end of the entry period, semi-finalists will be selected and contacted to schedule a hearing screening. Finalists will return for a diagnostic hearing evaluation. Based on a hearing evaluation establishing level of need and the submitted essay, the Hear the Holidays program winner will be finalized. Entrants need not be present to win. Potential winner will be notified by phone. If winner does not respond to notification within 24 hours of the time of notification, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. The winner will be required to complete and sign a hearing aid contract solidifying their ownership of the hearing aid devices as well as a media release form; otherwise prize will be forfeited and a runner-up will be selected to receive the prize.
4. Prize/Odds: Northland Audiology & Hearing Services will award one grand prize. Grand prize consists of a pair of premium hearing devices selected by the audiologists at Northland Audiology & Hearing Services (approximate retail value: $6,595). Included with the prize is a diagnostic hearing evaluation, hearing aid fitting, programming, orientation, 3-year warranty and insurance, 3 years of supplies, fine-tuning appointments and cleanings at no cost to the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. No prize substitutions are permitted except at Northland Audiology’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or lesser value. Prize will be delivered to the winner at Northland Audiology & Hearing Services.
5. General: Winner will agree to have name published and/or photographs/videos taken. Acceptance of the prize constitutes and signifies winner’s consent that Northland Audiology & Hearing Services may use winner’s entry, name, prize information, and/or likeness for promotional purposes in any media now existing or hereinafter devised without additional compensation, subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Northland Audiology & Hearing Services is not responsible for: (1) late, incomplete, delayed, destroyed, garbled, or incomplete entries; (2) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry or story information; (3) any human error, technical malfunctions, or lost/delayed data transmission; (4) any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software; or (5) inability to access any website or online service, or any other error or malfunction. Northland Audiology & Hearing Services reserves the right to disqualify from this or any giveaways it sponsors, now or in the future, any person it finds, in its sole discretion, has intentionally violated these official rules or tampered with the entry process.