If you suspect or been told you have a hearing loss, schedule a diagnostic evaluation (hearing testing) by an Audiologist, the proper medical professional credentialed to diagnose the type and cause of your hearing loss. Based on the assessment results, your Audiologist will either refer you to another specialist such as an ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat physician), neurologist, or other provider when warranted, or if your hearing loss is a type that cannot be treated through medical or surgical intervention, hearing aids may be the appropriate treatment. If that is the case, your Audiologist has the expertise to make recommendations as which types of aids are most suitable for your particular hearing loss. They will take into account what will give you the most benefit for your individual listening needs, lifestyle, and budget.