Our office is aware of the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and we are taking all proper precautions that we can. We are very aware that a large portion of our patients fall into the “high risk” category for this virus, this is something we take very seriously. In addition to seeing patients at our Juneau office, we also hold 7 travel clinics throughout Southeast Alaska, all of which involve our doctors traveling to and from communities throughout the Panhandle. With these issues in mind, we’d like to take a moment to elaborate on what we’ve chosen to implement for the time being in response to the recent outbreak.
Our focus during this unprecedented time will be finding solutions to help patients, care for your well-being, and protect the well-being and health of our staff; therefore we will be making decisions on a day-by-day basis to best serve everyone’s needs, guided by recommendations from the leading world, national, state, and local health organizations, including the CDC, WHO, Alaska Department of Public Health and City & Borough of Juneau.
In order to still accommodate your hearing healthcare needs, keep staff and patients safe, and in efforts to follow current social distancing recommendations and help flatten the curve, the following changes are currently in effect as of 3/16/2020:
- We have postponed our most immediate upcoming travel clinics. If that impacts your appointment and you have not heard from us yet, we will be reaching out to you shortly.
- We are enhancing our cleaning protocols between patients and at the start and end of each day.
- We are spacing out our appointments to allow for cleaning between patients.
- We have removed unnecessary items, such as books and pamphlets, from our waiting room.
- Staff may wear gloves or use carrying trays when collecting hearing aids and parts that need repairing.
- If you are healthy and feel comfortable attending your scheduled visit, we are happy to see you.
- We are limiting patient appointments to only the patient and one companion (if necessary).
- While we typically accept walk-in visits, we are asking that you please call ahead.
- If you are in need of supplies such as batteries or wax guards, we would be happy to mail them to you or bring them out to your car if you are in Juneau.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, including cough accompanied by fever and shortness of breath, kindly reschedule your appointment until your symptoms have subsided.
- Patients who are ill will not be seen at this time. This includes illnesses unrelated to COVID-19.
- We encourage patients who have underlying health conditions or who are 60+ to consider staying home unless absolutely necessary until further notice for their own protection. If unsure, please consult with your primary care physician by phone.
- For the time being, we are refraining from handshakes, hugs, high-fives, and fist bumps.
Thank you for your continued trust in us and Northland Audiology & Hearing Services. We appreciate your cooperation in assisting us with employing best practices to address the significance of this pandemic. Our goal is to minimize the impact of this virus on our staff, patients, and the communities that we serve. As always, we look forward to helping you with your hearing healthcare.